เว็บ แทง บอล แถม เสื้อ

Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

เว็บ แทง บอล แถม เสื้อ www.healthgradesreports.com Forum Indexเว็บ แทง บอล แถม เสื้อ www.healthgradesreports.com Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where being a Sikh complicates the picture. There is the question: Would Hamilton-Centre accept a Sikh as their MP?

But there is also the question: Does Jagmeet feel he needs a riding with a significant number of Asians in it?

Personally, I think it is a barrier to overcome, but it could be overcome with some serious face-time in the riding. That's probably true in any urban riding. Remember, he is the leader of their party, and he's a personable guy.

But does Jagmeet have the nerve to test that? All his eggs are in that basket ... it's not a small decision. What if the Liberals have a star candidate? If he runs in Burnaby, he can probably count on a lot of volunteers, etc.

There's also the matter of timing. If he chose Hamilton, he continues to dangle on a string controlled by the Liberals. The by-election could be as late as next April ... with another election coming up in October.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( the liberals held a nomination meeting for Outremont , though they already had a candidate for this riding but apparently not . surely the by election must be coming soon )

December 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Rachel Bendayan to represent Liberals in Outremont in federal byelection

Billy Shields By Billy Shields
Photojournalist Global News

Rachel Bendayan will once again be the Liberal candidate in the Montreal riding of Outremont after winning the nomination vote on Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018.

The Liberal Party of Canada held an open nomination for its candidate in Outremont, Que., on Sunday.

Attorney Rachel Bendayan was the front-runner going into the nomination meeting and won after three hours of voting.

Bendayan faced off against Concordia University professor Kim Manning.

Outremont Liberals of various backgrounds turned out for the vote, which was held at the Universit谷 de Montr谷al.

The Liberals have been touting an open nomination process as a way to galvanize their base and usher in new ideas.

Bendayan will be running to win the riding vacated by former NDP leader Thomas Mulcair. She was also the Liberal candidate for the riding in the 2015 election.

The byelection is expected to be called early next spring.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4768474/rachel-bendayan-outremont-federal-byelection/
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( also a member of the PMO office plans to seek the liberal nomination in Bruce Grey Owen Sound . Michael Den Tandt had been a columnist with the national post previously but now a partisan liberal in Ottawa . this riding would seem like just about the most likely liberal pick up in Ontario , not exactly sure why he would want to run here )

Den Tandt seeking BGOS Liberal nomination

Rob Gowan Rob Gowan
More from Rob Gowan

Published on: December 14, 2018 | Last Updated: December 14, 2018 5:22 PM EST
?

Former Sun Times editor Michael Den Tandt has announced his intention to seek the Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound Liberal nomination in next fall*s federal election.
Den Tandt, who has worked with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau*s Office since 2017 as communications advisor for Canada-U.S. Relations, released a statement on Friday making the announcement.

※It*s something I*ve thought about doing for a long time 每 since before the 2011 election,§ Den Tandt said via e-mail. ※The stars never aligned in the past. The time now is right for me, personally and family-wise.§
In his statement, Den Tandt cited the need for a ※fresh approach§ in the riding from that of the Conservative party and current Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound MP Larry Miller, who was first elected in 2004.

Den Tandt commended Justin Trudeau*s Liberal government for bringing ※greater ambition, greater pragmatism, better teamwork and a fresh perspective§ on a national level. He also said Conservative leader Andrew Scheer was ※devoid of ideas,§ and ※intent only on turning back the clock to the Harper era.§

※Lacking any coherent plan, Mr. Scheer peddles falsehoods and fear,§ Den Tandt said in his statement. ※I know Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound can do better.§
Den Tandt said preserving the environment must go hand in hand with jobs and economic growth.

※In the 21st century you can*t do one without the other,§ Den Tandt said in his statement. ※That applies to fixing the harbour, as much as it does to building pipelines and fighting climate change.§
Den Tandt said there is a need to address the shortage of well-paying jobs in Grey-Bruce, while also addressing the looming shortage of skilled labour at Bruce Power and in the GTA.

※Surely there*s an opportunity to do more to connect A with B?§
Den Tandt also wrote of the need to draw immigrants to the area and help entrepreneurs capitalize on the growing tourism industry.
※My point is not to suggest meeting these challenges is easy 每 or that an MP can or should provide all the answers. Progress will require hard work and lots of community input,§ Den Tandt*s statement read. ※What I am saying is that the status quo isn*t enough.§

Den Tandt was editor of The Sun Times from 2006 to 2011 and served as columnist with the National Post, Sun Times and other Postmedia newspapers up until 2017 when he left to joined the PMO.

He said the decision to leave journalism to pursue politics came about because he felt he had found a situation where he could help, rather than report, analyze or criticize.
※I had come to believe that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland had the best approach, indeed the only responsible approach, to the uncertain times in which we now live,§ Den Tandt said in the statement. ※That is to say: An approach that is constructive, principled, consistent and tough.§
Den Tandt said he would be leaving the PMO*s office as of Dec. 31 and moving back to Owen Sound full time at Christmas.

Den Tandt continues to teach as a volunteer at the Fudoshin Dojo, a not-for-profit karate school he co-founded in 2007. He also co-founded and co-developed the Owen Sound Hub. He divested his stake in the website in 2015.
The next federal election is slated for Oct. 21, 2019.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/den-tandt-seeking-bgos-liberal-nomination
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( there was some speculation this mp might retire as he was first elected in 2000 and would be in his 70's if re-elected in 2019 . some of the comments posted below the article , were mostly against him running again which is interesting as he's been considered a popular mp but there seems to be a sense his time might be up )

Bagnell aims for another term in Ottawa

Nearly three months after learning who his Tory competitor would be next year,

By Palak Mangat on December 14, 2018

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nearly three months after learning who his Tory competitor would be next year, Yukon MP Larry Bagnell confirmed this morning that he plans to again in the 2019 federal election.

Speaking to the Star shortly before a formal release announcing his candidacy came out, Bagnell said he was pleased to be bringing experience to the role.

※I think the longer you*re in Parliament, it seems the more connection and respect you get, the more you can deliver,§ the 68-year-old MP said today.

Should he secure the Liberal nomination, Bagnell would face off against Tory faithful Jonas Smith.

The latter was acclaimed the Conservatives* candidate around mid-September, and has since said he is embarking on an ※awareness campaign.§

That may be in part because Smith is a relative newcomer, at least on the federal stage, unlike Bagnell.

Acknowledging he is no stranger to representing Yukoners in Ottawa (on and off since 2000), the long-time Liberal said he is hopeful.

※We have accomplished a lot in the last three years, and I want to ensure we are able to finish these projects,§ he added in the statement.

That includes things like the $79-million fibre optic redundancy line announced last June, which will see Ottawa kick in the lion*s share of money at up to $59 million.

That Dawson City-to-Inuvik, N.W.T. line is expected to see construction begin in 2019, the same year of the federal election.

Going forward, Bagnell said affordable housing is likely to continue being on his list 每 if not at the top.

※There*s projects that we started,§ he said. ※But there*s a lot more to come if we get re-elected.§

Part of that could include money to curtail opioid-related deaths in the territory, which currently sit at 18 since 2016 (see story, p. 6).

The feds are expected to sign off on a $500,000 agreement with YG for that very purpose in the coming days, the Star confirmed this morning.

※I*m just going to carry on (like I have) since 2000,§ Bagnell said.

That was when he was first elected, ending the one-term career of then-NDP MP Louise Hardy.

Serving until 2011, Bagnell was ousted by Conservative Ryan Leef.

He reassumed office again with more than half the votes in the 2015 election, which saw Justin Trudeau become prime minister.

For his part, Smith has been vocal in particular about Bagnell*s stance on the new firearms bill, something the current MP said he is well aware of.

He added he is proud to have served his years in the House of Commons and has the advantage of the respect of territorial ministers (also of the governing Liberal stripe under Premier Sandy Silver).

※You don*t win all the battles, but we certainly won a lot,§ Bagnell said.

One of the things he*s been advocating for, he said, is the Nutrition North program (which the feds announced updates to as recently as this month after 2016 consultations with northerners).

To be clear: Inuit groups walked away from the process in protest that some groups were not consulted on the changes.

※I was hoping that would occur faster,§ Bagnell said of the modifications announced by Ottawa.

The federal Liberals installed a ※thorough nomination process and I am proud to say that my team and I met the criteria this summer and I will be nominated as the Liberal candidate for Yukon,§ Bagnell added in the statement.

Smith will be hoping for a better result than the Tories* second-place finish in the 2015 election, which saw Leef draw in 24 per cent of the votes (The NDP*s Melissa Atkinson drew about 19 per cent and Greens* Frank de Jong just under three per cent.)

Asked if he*s currently now in campaign mode, Bagnell laughed that he*s doing much of the same for now.

※I just carry on doing my job to the best I can, that*s sort of my campaign mode 每 and let the chips fall where they may.§

No one has publicly emerged for the Greens nor NDP for next year*s election.

Decision day, as it stands currently, is set for Oct. 21 of next year.

Trudeau has already ruled out an early spring election.

Responding to Bagnell*s announcement today, Smith acknowledged Bagnell*s commitment to the territory, but added he believes it*s time for change.

※I think it*s time for a fresh voice,§ he said.

As the territory*s next MP, Smith said he would be looking forward to representing the Yukon in Ottawa 每 as opposed to representing Ottawa in the Yukon.

After being acclaimed as the Yukon*s Conservative candidate in November, Smith said he*s in the midst of an awareness campaign to spread the word of his candidacy.

Since then, he said, he has spoken to many who seem to have an appetite for change in who is representing the territory in Ottawa.

https://www.whitehorsestar.com/News/bagnell-aims-for-another-term-in-ottawa
RCO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison Lowman? @harrisonlowman ﹞ Dec 15

Former National Post columnist Michael Den Tandt is seeking the Liberal nomination in Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound #cdnpoli

( something about Michael Den Tandt joining the PMO office was always weird to begin with . him running for an actual liberal nomination is ever weirder . and would anyone in the riding even remember his days as a news paper editor ? he doesn't seem like a star candidate or even a high profile candidate

its also unclear what happened to the past liberal candidate for this riding ? Kimberly Love , was she going to step down so he could run instead ?

something about people from the PMO office running for public office is odd in itself . not sure its that common . I can't recall people from Harper's PMO office leaving to run for seats , at least I can't recall anyone .

but we already saw Mary Ng do this , she had been in charge of appointments in the PMO office , then suddenly John Mccallum was sent to China and she was the liberal candidate in a by election in Markham Ontario )
RCO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( it seems few liberals are interested in retirement this year , at 72 . think a lot of people figured this mp would soon retire but he's indicating a desire to run once more.

although doubtful he'd stay a full term if he won as he'd be 76 in 4 years and more than likely leave early forcing a by election in his riding at some point in the future )

Agriculture minister, age 72, running for re-election for 10th time

By Kelsey Johnson. Published on Dec 17, 2018 12:44pm

Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay. iPolitics/Matthew Usherwood

One of Canada*s longest-serving members of Parliament says he will toss his hat into the electoral ring again in 2019.

※That*s the plan,§ Agriculture Minister Lawrence MacAulay, 72, told iPolitics in a year-end interview when asked if he was planning to run again.

MacAulay, a retired dairy and seed-potato farmer, has served as the MP for the Prince Edward Island riding of Cardigan for 30 years. He was first elected in 1988, defeating the incumbent, Progressive Conservative Pat Binn, who would go on to become the island*s premier.

Since then, MacAulay has won every election, making him the longest-serving MP from P.E.I. and one of the longest-serving MPs in the House of Commons. If he wins next year, it will be his 10th term.

Bloc Qu谷b谷cois MP Louis Plamondon, who was first elected in 1984 as a Progressive Conservative, is the dean of the House of Commons, a title given to the longest-serving current MP. The record for the longest consecutive term held by an MP is 41 years and two-and-a-half months 〞 a record belonging to Canada*s first francophone prime minister, Sir Wilfred Laurier.

Born in St. Peter*s Bay, P.E.I., on Sept. 9, 1946, MacAulay married Frances in 1972. They have three daughters: Carolyn, Rita and Lynn. The family no longer farms.

Before becoming Canada*s agriculture minister in 2015, MacAulay held a handful of ministerial portfolios, including minister of state for veterans, labour minister (from June 1997 to November 1998) and solicitor general in former prime minister Jean Chr谷tien*s cabinet.

He was appointed solicitor general in November 1998, after Andy Scott was forced to resign from the post because an NDP MP said he overheard Scott discussing the possible outcome of an inquiry into the use of pepper spray by RCMP officers at the 1997 Asia Pacific Economic Conference in Vancouver.

The shuffle meant MacAulay was solicitor general the day al-Qaida terrorists flew planes into the twin towers of New York*s World Trade Center, killing more than 3,000 people.

However, the P.E.I. MP would be forced to resign as solicitor general in 2002 over allegations he was directing federal money to friends and family. He was cleared by Canada*s ethics commissioner on all counts, except for one, in which he gave money in 1999 to Holland College, P.E.I.*s only community college, when his brother was its president. The money had been earmarked for the training of correctional officers.

MacAulay insisted at the time he did nothing wrong, arguing he should not be prevented from dealing with a major island institution because of an appointment made by the provincial government. Chr谷tien backed him, but accepted his resignation. ※He did absolutely nothing wrong,§ Chr谷tien told CBC News in 2002.

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/12/17/agriculture-minister-age-72-running-for-re-election-a-10th-time/
RCO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( it seems no liberal mp's want to retire this year , another longtime mp who has mused about retiring . is now in fact staying although he'll eventually have to retire and pass the torch to someone else )

After 25 years, scrappy Malpeque MP Wayne Easter hoping for another term in Ottawa

Stu Neatby (stu.neatby@theguardian.pe.ca)

Published: 2 hours ago
Updated: 2 hours ago

Wayne Easter at his constituency office in Hunter River. After 25 years serving as MP for Malpeque, Easter says he is ready to run one more time.

HUNTER RIVER, P.E.I. - Wayne Easter has gone from leading farmers in protest up the steps of Parliament Hill to being in the inner circles of cabinet.

But in recent months, Easter has publicly mused about ending his political tenure. In October he told the Hill Times newspaper he was unsure if he would run for his ninth straight election. Now, after 25 years serving as the member of parliament for Malpeque, Easter says he is ready to run again in 2019.

※I thought seriously about it and I will be running,§ Easter said. ※I think I'm fairly effective at what I do in terms of influence within the party.§

If elected, Easter said he plans to serve a full term. At a time of heightened tensions with the United States, he said he made the decision because his experience and his relationships with U.S. senators will be an asset to the federal government.

※It's important for some of those that have had quite a number of years of experience in the party to remain,§ he said. ※We still have a fairly rookie government.§

There is no doubt Easter has had significant influence on Island politics, both on Parliament Hill and as a leader of farmers in the turbulent 1970s and 1980s.

Easter*s role as an advocate began in the early 1970s after he became involved in a growing 每 and very aggressive 每 organization called the National Farmers Union (NFU). He first became involved after his cousin, Allan Ling, convinced him to take part in a 1971 civil disobedience campaign, known as the &tractor protests*.

In the summer of that year, hundreds of farmers began blocking major highways across the province. These ※gatherings§ as farmers described them, were intended to pressure the then provincial government of Alex Campbell to address the declining fortunes of family farms. Agricultural net income that year was the lowest the province had seen since 1934.

Wayne Easter speaks at a rally, organized by the National Farmers Union, on Parliament Hill in 1982.

Easter would go on to become president of the National Farmers Union (NFU) in 1982, serving in the position for more than a decade. A campaign to keep a rail transportation subsidy that benefited prairie farmers, known as the ※crow rate§, saw Easter organizing protests of farmers on Parliament Hill and at the Saskatchewan legislature in Regina.

After retiring from the NFU, it was once again Easter*s cousin, Allan Ling, who convinced him to make the jump into federal politics.

※Allan said, &Look, Catherine Callbeck is stepping down as member of Parliament to run for leadership of the provincial Liberal party. You should take a run at being an MP*,§ Easter said.

It was the summer of 1993, and the Progressive Conservative government, which had been led for almost nine years by Brian Mulroney, appeared vulnerable. Easter had worked with Liberal MPs on national campaigns opposing the Free Trade Agreement, the precursor to the recently re-negotiated North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) treaty.

After more than two decades as an advocate, Easter felt this was a chance to make an impact on a national scale.

※You're perhaps closer to the centre of power if you're a part of a government,§ Easter said, recalling his thinking at the time.

※So, you do have probably more influence.§

Easter would win his seat by a 5,000-vote margin. He eventually came to accept the NAFTA agreement, and believes the market access it opened up has benefited Island farmers.

In 2002, Easter was named solicitor general under the leadership of Jean Chretien. He had a front-row view on the decision of the Chretien government not to follow the U.S. government into war with Iraq. Easter recalls that after the federal government came to this decision, it fell on him to inform his counterpart, U.S. attorney general John Ashcroft.

※It wasn*t the most upbeat call,§ Easter said.

Easter served as parliamentary secretary to the minister of fisheries and oceans from 1997 to 1999, and to the minister of agriculture from 2004 to 2006. He is currently the chairman of the finance committee and is a co-chair of the Canada-U.S. Inter-Parliamentary Association.

At times, he has taken on causes that put him at odds with his own government. In the late 1990s, Easter fought against the introduction of recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), a genetically manufactured hormone intended to increase milk production. Easter stood with members of the opposition against introducing the hormone, arguing its use could be detrimental to both human and cow health.

To this day, rBGH remains banned by Health Canada.

※That was a fight that I'm really, really proud of,§ Easter said.

But Easter said he is most proud of the work he has done helping constituents from his office, right across from the Irving gas station in Hunter River.

※People that walk into this office, they have real life, everyday issues that affect them personally,§ he said. ※The greatest satisfaction is when you can do something for those people.§

เว็บ แทง บอล แถม เสื้อhttps://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local/after-25-years-scrappy-malpeque-mp-wayne-easter-hoping-for-another-term-in-ottawa-269640/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( no surprise to see a former liberal mpp try and run federally instead , Etobicoke Centre will likely remain one of the few battle ground ridings in the 416 though as former cpc mp Ted Optiz is also running there )

Yvan Baker seeking federal Liberal nomination in Etobicoke Centre

Current Etobicoke Centre MP Borys Wrzesnewskyj not seeking re-election

News 06:00 AM Toronto.com

Yvan Baker

Former Etobicoke Centre MPP Yvan Baker recently launched his nomination campaign to become the riding's Liberal candidate in the 2019 federal election. - Stephan Curkowskyj photo

Yvan Baker recently launched his nomination campaign to become Etobicoke Centre*s Liberal candidate in the 2019 federal election.

The former Etobicoke Centre MPP was joined by more than 300 community members on Nov. 30 at a campaign kickoff event at Neilson Park Creative Centre.

※I*m truly humbled by the incredible showing of support from our community,§ Baker said in a statement. ※We need to elect a representative that will ensure that the people of Etobicoke Centre have a strong voice in Ottawa. I would be honoured to serve our community as a Member of Parliament.§

Baker has received several endorsements from prominent Liberals at both the provincial and federal levels 每 including current Etobicoke Centre MP Borys Wrzesnewskyj, who is not seeking re-election.

Baker was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2014 after a career in the private sector. As MPP for Etobicoke Centre, he worked to save Silver Creek Public School for special needs children and to pass legislation to ban predatory door-to-door sales and protect consumers from misleading sales tactics.

Before entering politics, Baker taught MBA students at York University and was named a recipient of the Queen*s Diamond Jubilee award in recognition of his service to the community.

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/9088894-yvan-baker-seeking-federal-liberal-nomination-in-etobicoke-centre/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( in odd news a Nova Scotia ndp mla is considering running for either the ndp or liberals in the open riding of Cumberland Colchester , yes she has not decided what party she would run for and was photographed with both trudeau and Singh in Ottawa )

Truro-area MLA considering a run at federal nomination

Harry Sullivan (harry.sullivan@trurodaily.com)

Published: 18 hours ago
Updated: 1 hour ago

Truro-Bible Hill-Millbrook-Salmon River MLA Lenore Zann said she is considering seeking a nomination for next year's federal election after being approached by representatives from both the NDP and Liberal parties during a recent trip to Ottawa, where she had here picture taken with both Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and NDP leader Jagmeet Singh. - Contributed

Lenore Zann says she has been invited by both the NDP and Liberals about a possible candidacy

TRURO, N.S.

A recent trip to Ottawa has Nova Scotia MLA Lenore Zann considering a run for an MP*s seat in the next federal election.

※I am interested in possibly going federal,§ said the NDP MLA for Truro-Bible Hill-Millbrook-Salmon River.

Zann has served as the riding*s MLA for almost 10 years, including four as part of the NDP*s majority government.

And while she says she*s happy to continue in her current role, recent events have her considering the possibility of taking a run at the federal level.

※So I think I would be interested in representing the larger riding up in Ottawa. I would love the opportunity to do that,§ she said.

Zann was recently in Ottawa where she accompanied Cumberland Colchester MP Bill Casey in a meeting with the Auditor General over the issue of maintaining an RCMP communication centre in Truro.

While there, Zann said, Casey provided her with a tour of Parliament Hill, during which she was given an opportunity to meet with federal members of both the NDP and Liberal parties.

※The truth of the matter is, both parties have expressed an interest in me running in the next election,§ she told the Truro News. ※So, basically what I*ve said is, thank you and I*m honoured and I will think about it.§

Casey, who has represented his constituents as a Conservative, an independent and now as a Liberal, has announced his intention to retire at the end of the current term.

So far, the only person who has publicly expressed an intention to run for the riding*s Liberal nomination is Casey*s former chief of staff and Truro lawyer Joel Henderson.

No one has yet declared a candidacy to run for the NDP in the Cumberland Colchester riding.

※If I do decide to run federally in the fall of 2019, I believe I would be well prepared to represent the interests of our northern region in Ottawa,§ she said. ※I*m seriously thinking about it, but this is all kind of new to me.§

Zann said she plans to spend the Christmas holidays focusing on her family and then will be preparing for the start of the next session at Province House, set to begin at the end of February. But early in the new year, she said more thought will be given as to whether she will set her sights on Ottawa.

The other aspect to consider if she does decide to seek a federal nomination, is whether to do so as an NDP or Liberal candidate.

As a long-time NDP supporter, Zann said, she recognizes she has to remain true to her principles. But those principles are also about how she can best represent the area*s constituents.

※If I can do that as a Liberal rather than an NDP then that is something I would consider,§ she said.

Zann said she plans to speak with constituents and listen to their responses before making a decision.

※I am thinking I may be able to do more for our riding, the larger riding, if I was to go federal,§ she said.

※I just want to reiterate that I have not decided for sure about running federally yet. I may also decide to stay put.§

https://www.trurodaily.com/news/local/truro-area-mla-considering-a-run-at-federal-nomination-270151/
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( a perspective liberal candidate in Saskatchewan thinks her city is being overlooked by Ottawa , isn't that what the west has been saying for decades ? )

P.A. lawyer wants to become Liberal MP

By Glenn Hicks

December 20, 2018 - 5:30pm

Lawyer Estelle Hjertaas thinks the large Prince Albert riding, with the city's major role as a host to services across the North, is being over-looked by Ottawa and the rest of the province.

A Prince Albert Legal Aid lawyer is seeking the nod from the Liberal Party to run in next year*s federal election.

Estelle Hjertaas submitted her name to party headquarters and hopes to get the opportunity to run this October in a large riding she thinks is being over-looked.

※Even just within Saskatchewan we*re over-looked and we don*t get our fair shake for being the third largest city which hosts services for the whole northern region," she told paNOW. "This riding, which is all the way from Shellbrook to Nipawin, has a lot of different things in it and I don*t think anyone really pays attention to us.§

Hjertaas hopes the party and the voters would pay attention to her if she secured the nomination as she is well connected in the community.

The 33-year-old bilingual lawyer is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and the YWCA. She also founded Prince Albert Salsa and Prince Albert Young Professionals.

It is that connection to younger voters she hopes to capture.

※I think younger people are more interested in global issues like climate change than maybe the older voters, so that*s part of it,§ she said. ※In the next 10 months before the election, I want to be with as many people as possible and hear what they have to say.§

Hjertaas said in almost every riding in the country those who don*t show up to vote are the largest voting block.

※So it*s a matter of engaging people that aren*t voting and unfortunately many of those people are young people and I*ve done a lot of work with youth,§ she said.

She noted for two and half years she represented every youth charged with a criminal offence in the region so she figures she has a handle on the issues and challenges some people face.

Hjertaas said she saw great opportunities for the riding in business, services and the arts among other sectors, but also many challenges including inequality, poverty and crime.

From a personal perspective she figured now was the right time to try to become the area*s voice in Ottawa.

※I think I have the experience that I need and I*ve been here long enough to have connections and to understand what some of the needs are for P.A. and the region and I can bring those issues to the forefront,§ she said.

https://www.panow.com/article/813151/palawyer-wants-become-liberal-mp
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( also news of a candidate in Huron Bruce , a former political news reporter with the Toronto star who previously ran in the same riding in 2015 )

Allan Thompson ready to lead Huron-Bruce Liberals in 2019

By Janice MacKay December 21, 2018 3:44am

The Huron-Bruce Federal Liberal Association has announced that Allan Thompson will once again be the federal Liberal candidate in the Huron-Bruce riding in next October*s election.

Thompson will be formally acclaimed as the party*s candidate on Saturday, January 12, 2019 at a nomination celebration event at the Columbus Centre in Goderich.

Thompson says he plans to hit the ground running with a campaign that will focus on listening to the concerns of people who live in Huron-Bruce.

Thompson was the federal Liberal candidate in Huron-Bruce in the 2015 election. During that campaign, he raised Liberal support in Huron-Bruce by more than 23 percentage points, placing a close second to the incumbent Conservative Ben Lobb.

※The Board of Directors of the Huron-Bruce Federal Liberal Association is thrilled to have Allan Thompson as our candidate in the October 2019 federal election,§ said Duncan Jewell, chair of the Association. ※The commitment to the riding that Allan showed during the 2015 election and which he has continued over the past three years has been tremendous,§ Jewell said.

A former political reporter for the Toronto Star newspaper, Thompson has been on a sabbatical from his position as a journalism professor at Ottawa*s Carleton University and last spring bought a home and took up residence in Goderich.

He recently launched Market Street Strategies, a strategic communications firm based in Goderich.

https://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-ontario/midwestern-ontario-news/2018/12/21/federal-liberal-candidate-named-huron-bruce/
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberals nominate MP McLeod to defend NWT seat

By Ollie Williams 每 January 2, 2019 at 3:05pm

Northwest Territories MP Michael McLeod will this week celebrate nomination by the Liberal Party to defend his seat at this year*s federal election.

An event is to be held in Fort Providence on Friday.

McLeod has been the territory*s MP since 2015, when he unseated New Democrat Dennis Bevington.

McLeod won 48 percent of the vote to Bevington*s 30 percent, with Conservative candidate Floyd Roland taking 18 percent. The result represented a 22-point Liberal swing.

While the Liberals nominating McLeod to defend his seat was essentially a foregone conclusion, Liberal incumbents wishing to stand again had to demonstrate engagement with the community before receiving the party*s nomination.

Explaining the nominations process on its website, the party said that included receiving the signatures of 150 Liberals in the community; working with volunteers to achieve at least 3,500 knocks on doors, or 5,000 phone calls; and meeting a set of grassroots fundraising targets.

An NWT Liberal Party representative said McLeod had met those commitments, adding that 121 of the party*s 181 MPs have so far held similar nomination events.

McLeod*s nomination celebration will feature a feast lunch at Fort Providence*s community hall from 11:30am until 1:30pm on Friday.

In full: Michael McLeod*s speeches and voting record as MP

McLeod was born in Fort Providence in 1959. He is set to be the first Liberal candidate to stand in two successive NWT elections since Ethel Blondin-Andrew, who represented the territory from 1988 to 2006.

Other parties have yet to formally announce NWT nominees for the election, which is planned for October 21.

https://cabinradio.ca/12238/news/politics/liberals-nominate-mp-mcleod-to-defend-nwt-seat/
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northwest Territories is an interesting riding;
Its one I think the NDP could recapture if Dennis Bevington ran again.

One if the few potential NDP gains on the board.
RCO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmostein wrote:
Northwest Territories is an interesting riding;
Its one I think the NDP could recapture if Dennis Bevington ran again.

One if the few potential NDP gains on the board.

I have no idea if Bevington is running again

overall I think all 3 of the territory ridings have the potential to be interesting , although few actual candidates are known , other than Jonas Smith for the cpc in Yukon

its also not clear if Hunter Tootoo will run again in Nunavut or be allowed back into the liberals , if he runs as an independent it would seem that riding be an uncertain race
RCO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( liberals seem to think rural Ontario is best represented with liberal connected journalists from Ottawa with limited ties to the riding itself , with a similar liberal journalist also being floated as the candidate in nearby Grey Bruce Owen Sound as well )

Allan Thompson acclaimed as Huron-Bruce Liberal candidate

More from Article submitted

Published on: January 3, 2019 | Last Updated: January 3, 2019 11:41 AM EST
?

Allan Thompson has been acclaimed as the federal Liberal candidate for Huron-Bruce. His acclamation will become official on Jan.12 at a nomination celebration in Goderich. submitted / LA
?

GODERICH 每 Allan Thompson will once again be the federal Liberal candidate in Huron-Bruce in next October*s election, the Huron-Bruce Federal Liberal Association has announced.

Thompson said his main focus will be on giving rural communities like Huron-Bruce a stronger voice in Ottawa.

Thompson will be formally acclaimed as the party*s candidate at 2 p.m. on Sat., Jan. 12 at a nomination celebration event at the Columbus Centre in Goderich, the riding association said.

※The board of directors of the Huron-Bruce Federal Liberal Association is thrilled to have Allan Thompson as our candidate in the October 2019 federal election,§ said Duncan Jewell, chair of the Association.

※The commitment to the riding that Allan showed during the 2015 election and which he has continued over the past three years has been tremendous. Allan has attended hundreds of events and spoken to thousands of people has he has continued to engage the residents of Huron-Bruce,§ Jewell said.

※Having a Huron-Bruce Member of Parliament sitting on the government side of the House of Commons will be a major benefit to our riding and Allan*s large volunteer campaign team is committed to getting him elected as our MP in 2019,§ continued Jewell.

Thompson*s nomination as the Liberal candidate in Huron-Bruce is one of the first across the country in a riding the governing Liberals don*t hold. He said he plans to hit the ground running with a campaign that will focus on listening to the concerns of people who live in Huron-Bruce.

※To my mind, the top priority for the MP from Huron-Bruce should be to stand up for those who live in rural communities, to put a bug in the ear of our political leadership and to ask, every time a decision is being made, what will this mean for people who live in rural communities,§ Thompson said.

Thompson, 55, was the federal Liberal candidate in Huron-Bruce in the 2015 election that brought the Justin Trudeau Liberal government to power. During that campaign, he raised Liberal support in Huron-Bruce by more than 23 percentage points and with more than 23,000 votes, placed second to incumbent Ben Lobb of the Conservative Party.

In August, Thompson launched his bid to once again be the Liberal candidate in Huron-Bruce from the front porch of his home in Goderich.

Thompson said there are already signals from the Conservatives that they intend to make this a dirty campaign.

※We are up against an opponent that has once again made clear they will use the politics of fear and division, negative smear tactics and misleading if not downright false information to trick voters,§ Thompson said.

※In these times of Trump, I think Canadians have responded loud and clear that we are a caring society, respectful of others and sensitive to the fate of those less fortunate. And they*re sick and tired of nastiness, and bitter tweets.

※We need to give Canadians the politics they deserve, a positive, optimistic vision for the future of this country.

Thompson identified working to create opportunity and build the rural economy in Huron-Bruce as a top priority and vowed he would be a voice for farmers and all those who live in the riding*s small towns and on its country roads. He also said the needs of seniors, access to healthcare and the challenges posed by mental health issues and youth drug addiction in rural communities are particular concerns.

A former political reporter for the Toronto Star, Thompson has been on a sabbatical from his position as a journalism professor at Ottawa*s Carleton University and last spring bought a home and took up residence in Goderich. He recently launched Market Street Strategies, a strategic communications firm based in Goderich.

Born and raised on a farm just outside the village of Glammis in southern Bruce County, he went to school at Bruce Township Central Public and Walkerton District Secondary School and began his journalism career as a reporter with the Kincardine Independent and Teeswater News.

The nomination meeting is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. on Sat., Jan. 12 at the Columbus Centre, 390 Parsons Court in Goderich. The public is invited to attend.

https://www.lakeshoreadvance.com/news/local-news/allan-thompson-acclaimed-as-huron-bruce-liberal-candidate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  เว็บ แทง บอล แถม เสื้อ  

Jump to: